JohnMichaels,MS,LPC
JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.
68372260

I’d like to ask some questions about a recent break up, My

Customer Question

I’d like to ask some questions about a recent break up
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: My boyfriend and I recently broke up and I want to reach out to him but I am struggling a lot with overthinking
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Relationship
Expert:  JohnMichaels,MS,LPC replied 6 months ago.

I’m not sure if this is what do you need to hear, but we will start here and you tell me if this fits your situation. I’ve got a metaphor. Have you ever I had a dog run away from you? If you have, you know the last thing you need to do is chase it. The harder you try to catch it, the harder it tries to get away. Maybe you need to relax and let your boyfriend come to you… Does that make

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That’s a good metaphor, however I’m unsure as to whether or not my boyfriend misses me or if he wants to move on. I’m very confused and sad. We also work together and we are not communicating at the moment so it’s very difficult
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please can you give me some advice

I am usually pretty straightforward in the situations. If you are wondering, ask him. Tell him you’re willing to move out of the way and let him move on if that is what he wants

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I ask what it means if a guy starts to post things on social media after a break up? As in photos of where he’s going and if he’s having a drink etc. Also when he broke up with me he told me to take care and look after myself but yet he won’t talk to me? Does it sound like he’s over it?

Maybe. Honestly, the best way to find out is to totally move on yourself. If he has gotten past you he will let you go. If he isstill interested, he will let you know. As long as you pursue him though, you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you think if he sees me doing well without him that I will find out how he feels? It’s been 3 weeks since the break up

Sort of. Do not put on the new front or make-believe. Just MoveOn and see if he comes afteed you.