Karamat Mahwish
Karamat Mahwish ,
Experience:  Clinical Psychologist at Government MTI Lady Reading Hospital
109261799

I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and my partner is the first

Customer Question

I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and my partner is the first person I ever loved. I fell in love with him the first day I met him. I got pregnant real quick and he accepted his responsibility. Meanwhile he has a kid with his ex and they broke up cos she cheated on him by getting pregnant. He was really heartbroken. I love this man so much and I have tried my best to make him love me like I love him. I have been trying for months to make us work and I have broken my heart lot of time for him. And I just don’t know how to stop trying knowing this man doesn’t love me like I do. He would talk about her severally to my face and would even check out their pictures together next to me smiling and I won’t even say anything so I confronted him and he said that’s the only solid relationship he has ever had. I still want him even tho he said this. So last week we both had an argument and he accused me of cheating which I never did, insulted me and even said he is just with me because of this baby. And afterwards he called me to apologise for all his said that he is sorry. I forgave him and ever since then he changed towards me. I beg for him to reply my texts or calls. Before he would text me even when he is busy but right now he will be online snubbing me. But I can’t get myself to stop loving him. Please help
Me I am dying I can’t breathe
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karamat Mahwish replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m a Clinical Psychologist welcome to JustAnswer, Answers here are for education and information, and do not represent a formal treatment relationship. If you’ve any additional information about your question please write it here, please disregard any requests for phone calls, they are system-generated and not coming from me! Please give me some time to answer your question, and your patience is appreciated. Thank you !

Thanks for sharing your stressful situation in your relationship, I’m sorry to hear about your problem with your  partner, if you have any serious health concerns please call the emergency services otherwise if you like to discuss this further with me over the phone please let me know. Thank you.

Are you there please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
can you help me with how to solve my relationship problem please

Yes and that’s why I was waiting to hear from you if you want to discuss over the call today. Otherwise I can generate your answer via the chat.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I prefer chat to call

Based on the information shared I’m sorry to hear about your struggle in your relationship. It’s sad how he’s changed and the way he is openly giving importance to other woman. He needs to pay attention to your desires and now when you are expecting he needs to understand that you are fragile. You can speak to him to explain your condition, but looking at the situation so far he’s not understanding you. Maybe you need to improve your way of communication with him, be open and find out a time when he’s approachable and understanding. If that’s not working you might need to then consider relationship therapist support as this will help you to explain him better  and he might understand when a professional is explaining him.
You can not force him to love you or care about you. You need to understand if nothing is working then why would you invest your emotions and energy for someone like this.  You also deserve to have someone who can care about you. These ways you can help yourself understand and move on. Please also consider taking individual therapy sessions for helping you cope with this all.
I hope I have answered your question, If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site. Thanks a lot
Mahwish

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have explained to him
Lot of times about how I want to be
Loved cos I believe communication is key but it seems he just doesn’t care and maybe he is just in love with his ex who already moved on. I just didn’t imagine my daughter not having both her parents next to each other when she arrives. I even spoke to his mom about this but nothing changed. I am just seeking for help on how to cope with my emotions as I can’t help it anymore. I am feeling too much

If you have any of the symptoms of emotional stress and have tried one or more of the remedies discussed in this article and haven’t found relief, seek professional help. If you feel overwhelmed and can’t manage your emotions and stresses on your own, seek the help of a professional. Don’t stay “frozen” or feeling like you’re holding your breath waiting for your feelings to be over. If you are stuck in a rut and can’t get yourself out, seek professional help.

Counselors and mental health therapists are trained professionals who can find ways to help you cope, reduce the effects of emotional stress, help you feel better and become more functional in your day-to-day activities.

Hope this answers your question thank you and stay safe.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright thank you I will definitely follow your instructions

You’re welcome.