Karamat Mahwish
Karamat Mahwish ,
Experience:  Clinical Psychologist at Government MTI Lady Reading Hospital
109261799

Partner of 10 years blames me for how he feels, says I'm the

Partner of 10 years blames me for how he feels, says I'm the reason he is miserable- won't talk or communicate, is on anti depressant for depression and anxiety
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I told him I am not to blame for his behaviour- if he feels miserable that is within his control to fix and to stop blame shifting his issues onto me - he won't do couple therapy as he thinks he is right and that it wouldn't help when I believe it would help him see that he can't be treating me that way if he wants things to work out
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I problem solve differently to him - I like to talk something out - he is unavailable a lot and inflexible to further discussion
Hello, my name is***** a Clinical Psychologist welcome to JustAnswer, Answers here are for education and information, and do not represent a formal treatment relationship. If you’ve any additional information about your question please write it here,Please give me some time to answer your question, and your patience is appreciated. Thank you !

If you like to discuss this further with me over the phone please let me know thank you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can't get him to do therapy with me - he keeps telling me to "stop" that I am the reason he is like this
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please ring ty
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Have 5 kids and relationship is really in a bad way

Thanks I’ve seen your call request, I’ll be calling you back in next 30 minutes if it’s ok with you and bear in mind it will be a 10-15 minutes call.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK ty

Speak to you soon thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Brilliant ty - he told me today suddenly he wants revenge which has got me worried
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He said if I just did what he says ie stop we would not need help -
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Told me he hates me
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have carried the family on for years and he won't marry me either and then today he says if I say no to him he will vanish home - u said I want it fixed up first
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He is divorced twice - I have never been married
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I told him I don't want to be mistreated anymore- he told me I'm like another child so felt v put down by that
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I suspect he has undiagnosed BPD
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He regularly abandons the family home and leaves me alone doing it all while he goes off
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He tends to stonewall me in the car while driving, evades eye contact, is inflexible to my point of view, won't discuss things when a problem arises
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Then accuses me of hurting him and please stop when all I want is resolution
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He never calls me anymore or rarely does and its always 5 min call tops
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
We don't go out at all but he said that was to do with lack of money
Thanks for all the details provided and I’m sorry to hear about your situation but if you could please type in your main specific question here so that on the call which is going to be not more than 10 minutes as you’ve chosen the minimum option, I could respond you accordingly.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My question is how do I save this relationship when he is doing so many destructive things? I feel I have given 110% and nothing seems to work

Many thanks for the call discussion will be looking forward speaking to you again. You can open a new question : for attention of Mahwish only and I will be with you. Take care
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You’re welcome and stay safe.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I rated you 5 stars so hope you got paid - took from my card
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Stay safe also!