Karamat Mahwish
Karamat Mahwish ,
Experience:  Clinical Psychologist at Government MTI Lady Reading Hospital
109261799

My paranoia is ruining my relationship how can I fix myself?

Customer Question

My paranoia is ruining my relationship how can I fix myself ?
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I got badly hurt from cheating years ago and it’s effected all my relationships up to now, I’m with a great woman now but these thoughts creep in and do the same again. I want to be normal and happy
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karamat Mahwish replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is Mahwish relationship expert here to assist you with your concern. I’m sorry to hear about your struggle due to the past cheating experiences. As you know that’s not this present moment it’s just the past making you feel this way. It’s making you think negative then you do need to try to work on them. The best way to cope is to divert your mind, think about positive, you need to practice mindfulness. Think about the good qualities of a new person. You need to challenge your thoughts. You can also think about getting Cognitive Behavioural therapy for this purpose as well. This comes with practice and motivation. When you realise this is affecting you then you get the motivation to work on them. No one can change this but you need to practice in a positive way. You need to learn to let go of the past. 

I hope I have answered your question, If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for fast response. I challenge my thoughts but sometimes they’re so overwhelming and I pick on the slightest discrepancy and just sit in my head analysing it over and over. It’s wrecking my life. What is cognitive therapy?

You are welcome, I understand this even can cause a lot of anxiety as well.

A relatively short-term form of psychotherapy based on the concept that the way we think about things affects how we feel emotionally. Cognitive therapy focuses on present thinking, behavior, and communication rather than on past experiences and is oriented toward problem solving.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok I will check this out

Great. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Is everything making sense?

Are you there please? If anything is not clear please do let me know.

Since you haven’t responded I hope this was a helpful discussion. I wish you all the best and stay safe.