Karamat Mahwish
Karamat Mahwish ,
Experience:  Clinical Psychologist at Government MTI Lady Reading Hospital
109261799

I need advice solving a conflict with my boyfriend

Customer Question

Hi! I need advice solving a conflict with my boyfriend
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karamat Mahwish replied 14 days ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This is Mahwish relationship expert here to assist you with your concern. Can you please provide me some information to understand the reason of the conflict ti advice.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my long term boyfriend is being cold towards me. I went to his family home with him.Basically when we went to his home, I was going through a very tough time as my dog had just passed away the same day. I went to see my parents instead of staying with his family where my dog lived. When I went back to his family house , I couldn’t be very interactive with his relatives , I wasn’t rude , just not very upbeat. He happily dropped me off back at my parents after couple of days . And from that very moment , he is just cold even though we are living back together in house own house now
He says the reason for him being this way is that his relatives are making fun of him because of this situation that I couldn’t even stay at his house because of a dog
So far I’ve apologised, tried to explain my situation but every try just seems to make things worse
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It has been 5 days since we have returned. He says no to whatever I suggest. Somehow he feels like I’ve ruined his reputation in his family and friends.
He is also blaming me for ruining his brothers career because they had to sell some business to build that house even though I literally never asked for it.
He is channeling all the anger his brother has towards him to me..
Sorry to hear all this, I understand that’s stressful now looking at his attitude after the family comments. Would you like an answer via chat or would like to discuss over the call for detailed discussion?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I think it’s fine to have answer over the chat

That’s okay. I’m sorry as mentioned earlier he’s been pressurised by his relatives comments. Although he needs to understand you more than anyone. It was emotional and stressful phase for you. It was overwhelming so your responses were based on that. They need to be respectful towards what your priorities are. This conflict is now bringing up more grudges like brothers career blame etc. It sounds like he’s now over reacting. You need to have space for now, you have apologised as well already so take some space. Let him reflect on the matter and once he’s calm and approachable discuss with him about how it hurts and you didn’t ask this all yourself. He did it with willingness. Also, have some respect for your loss of a dog.

I hope this feedback is helpful. If anything is unclear please do let me know.

Awaiting response please I hope that’s clear.
I hope this was helpful.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
thanks you

You’re very welcome. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions since I am here willing and ready to support you as much as possible. You can contact me using this direct link to my profile https://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/expert-mahwishk/?rpt=3800 you could bookmark it for easy access, and just make sure you state “For Mahwish Mkam only” in your request, for other experts to know you want me to reply, and I will respond in less than an hour most of the time. I Also provide confidential Counselling/ therapy via Premium Services, which is conducted via phone call, in case you feel comfortable with me and would like to discuss this in more detail or any other concern, and the best approach to work on it. Thank you for your trust. Take some special care, Mahwish