Karamat Mahwish
Karamat Mahwish ,
Experience:  Clinical Psychologist at Government MTI Lady Reading Hospital
109261799

Is this a robot, I’m in an awkward and uncomfortable

Customer Question

Is this a robot
JA: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I’m in an awkward and uncomfortable situation and I don’t know what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Karamat Mahwish replied 10 days ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This is Mahwish relationship expert here to assist you with your concern today. Sorry to hear that you are struggling, if you can please provide me some details for understanding your situation and also your main question today for me to answer will be helpful.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t know if I’m overreacting about this situation but I just feel like I need someone to tell me what to do because I don’t know what the right thing is to do and none of my friends know either
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
To explain the situation, I was in a friends with benefits situation with someone and three days ago I found out that he’s in a relationship with one of my friends. The friend isn’t a close close friend but she’s close enough for it to be weird and for him to lie and not tell me about it.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But anyway, I don’t know whether I should tell her or not. I saw her on the street today and I had to walk straight and pretend I didn’t see her because I feel so uncomfortable and anxious and sad from this situaiton

Thanks for sharing, I understand that’s a lie and that firmed must have shared with you if they were already aware about this mutual friendship. You need to discuss with them and ask the reason as that’s unfair on you. Find out the reasons. If they are unable to answer then it’s not a good sign.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I had no idea whatsoever about them but I’m still overwhelmed by guilt and maybe it’s selfish that I want to tell her but I feel bad just knowing what he’s done and not saying anything

You need to speak to him to clarify first. Maybe that conversation can ease out the situation.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
we all know eachother from school and have eachother on social media so he was definitely aware of our friendship which is why he proabbly didn’t tell me
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don’t think I will get anything out of speaking to him because I feel like he will go to her and lie or sugarcoat the situation

But what is the reason of hiding that he’s also their fiend. Even if you were aware.

If you are not in the favour of talking then it’s better to let go.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He probably hid it because he knew that I wouldn’t be okay with being in a situaiton like that with him when he’s in another situaiton with one of my friends

Now as you got to know if you are not comfortable what you think you need to do? If you don’t want to speak To him.

I hope this was a helpful discussion.
Expert:  Karamat Mahwish replied 9 days ago.

Since you haven’t responded I hope this was a helpful answer. I wish you all the best and stay safe