Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I am replacing cambelt on twingo mk1 but although i have

Customer Question

Hi i am replacing cambelt on twingo mk1 but although i have stripped down and put new belt on i cannot work out how to adjust tensioner or ensure belt is correct tension
Category: Renault
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

you don't say what engine this is as there's a 8valve and 16valve version

however for the 8v you set the belt tension with a belt frequency tool that measures how fast the belt 'bounces' when you give it a tap

see the attached installation instructions

whereas the 16V has a pointer thats set and a tightening torque

so I've included information for that one too

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt