Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Assistant: What is your issue regarding? There are errors

Customer Question

Assistant: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: There are errors messages on the dashboard
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: It is Grand Scenic 1.9 Dci 110k miles. I got it diagnosed and they mentioned something about the DPF that could possibly be clogged up and Solenoid Pressure something
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: But the error messages are random: Check Anti-Pollution System, Check Injection System and Engine Hazard Failure
Assistant: What year is your Renault?
Customer: 2011
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to do it myself. Nothing as yet, still checking forums. I am guessing it might be one of the sensors
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has been recently MOTed and Turbo and Emmission went through OK apparently
Category: Renault
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please let me know what could be the issue causing all these error messages. Will DPF regeneration solve the problem(s)? How about replacing the MAP sensor, glow plugs?
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

All of these errors can point to a failing DPF or restricted DPF.I have seen these before with a faulty DPF needing replaced.You will need to have the DPF tested by a facility that can test the operation and flow of it to see if it needs to be replaced.In allot of cases a plugged DPF will cause other codes to set like a pressure solenoid or sensor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Peter,
It is an auto diesel car that is being used for school run primarily, which maybe the cause of a plugged DPF. Is this something I can get done myself? I read that taking on a motorway could do the trick. Do you suggest I put in a higher quality diesel and run it? Also, with an auto car, what would be the optimal speed to keep and how long I should drive it for?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could you think of any sensors that could potentially be playing up? If the DPF regeneration doesn't help, what should I turn to then?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Exhaust flap?

There are sensors in the exhaust that basically monitor the DPF, if one of these sensors are reading incorrectly this can cause this issue here.

If it is the DPF in some cases ( rarely in some cases ) driving at highway speeds may clean it out but in most cases, this hasn't worked for me and the DPF had to be replaced.

You would need to have a shop or exhaust shop test and replace it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your prompt replies. How do I check for those sensors in the exhaust? How do I reach them to check/replace?

You're welcome

Unfortunately, my info is not showing the locations of them.They are usually under the vehicle in the exhaust pipes before and after the dpf and are usually screwed into the exhaust pipes.

Thanks Pete