Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My Renault Clio dynamic medianav only 2 years old. Husbands

My Renault Clio dynamic medianav only 2 years old.
Husbands driven it work today in very icey conditions below freezing and up hill, the ABS light is now on, is this because of road/driving conditions. He did say it was very slippy and he struggled up the hill as wheels were struggling to grip and we’re spinning on ice? The light then came on and the car felt heavy to drive. I have to collect car later with my baby grandson and am worried to drive it. Is it safe to do so if light still on, is it something that will ‘go off’ once it’s warmed up over the next few hours?Should I be worried?

Hi..there..

If a fault has occurred within the ABS system then it will automatically go into default..it Will not effect the braking of the car . you bascially be driving a as if it didnt have ABS fitted..having said that . there are many variables that could of gone wrong there from ABS sensor / tone rings / abs module itself ..so there isnt much you can do on a DIY bases unless you have scanner that can see what codes are stored and can too bring up all 4 wheels on live data to see which side is at fault..only then can you investigate then based on those results..as it stands now there shouldnt be any reason why you cant drive the car with the light on..just be sure to dirve a little more carefully until as such the as above can be done..Hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your response. On picking up the car the lights had all gone out and is driving fine!

I see ok..well if they do come back on then as above will still be the best advice..so hopefully it helps should it occur again... in the meantime if you could leave a rating for me it would be much appreciated..thank you