Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

It's just come up with a "check injection system" warning on

Customer Question

Hi, It's just come up with a "check injection system" warning on my husbands car.
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: It's a 2016 clio. diesel.
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: we bought it from the renault dealer last year. probably last serviced then so May 2017.
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: He's currently driving on the M4. He's going to pull over asap.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all thanks
Category: Renault
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi..there..

What kind of help or advise do you require?

How does the vehicle run/perform at the moment?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My husband is driving on the M4 at the moment. We wondering if he needs to stop or if he can carry on. The car is still driving well.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I see ok.. If the cars seems to be performing well and he's and quite close to his destination then i dont see any problem continuing to drive to be honest..having said that..if at all possible with the current weather conditions if your effected? and you do have somesort of breakdown cover in place..it maybe best advised at least to find a rest stop and contact your breakdown service who maybe able to plug it in.scan it and see what kind of issue the cars ECU has logged and based on those results make decision to continue to drive the car or have it towed..but if the cars performing ok then it cant be anything serious..but thats basically the best advise i can give.. hope this helps