sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Clio 57reg toxic fume filter system warning light flashes

Customer Question

clio 57reg toxic fume filter system warning light flashes now and then and car stutters on exceleration when it does flash
Category: Renault
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It’s my daughters car and she’s at uni so car stays at home and isn’t used much 6000 to 7000 Miles in 2 years. Just wondering if this issue can be sorted at any garage or only Renault main dealerships
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, it's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, this is a common fail, to solve it, you should check the exhaust system, including the gases catalyst and oxigen sensors, this is not a hard fail and it could be fix by any garage not necessarily a Renault garage.
The stutter will be solved also doing a maintenance to the throttle body system, checking the coils and the fuel rail. Doing this maintenance the car will return to its normal perfomance.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, please let me know. Thank you very much.