sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a megane scenic and when you lock it it flashes in

Customer Question

I have a megane scenic and when you lock it it flashes in groups of 3 ! Can you help !!
Category: Renault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian and I will attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, would you give more information please?

Do you have any other fail?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is also not closing the windows when you deadlock it !

Dear customer, have you scanned your car with an automotive diagnosis scanner? If so, what error codes did it show? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it has not been scanned but I am having the battery checked later. I replaced the ecu uch steering lock and the boot lock yesterday to no avail !!

Dear customer, the first that we have to do is to reprogram the centralized locked system and the centralized immobilizer. These can be done in a garage that have an automotive diagnosis scanner with the Renault softwares and drivers. (It is not necessary to be a Renault garage, but it is necessary to be a garage with Renault knowledge).
Once you got your car reprogrammed, scan again looking for error codes to dismiss problems in the modules and the ECU itself. Would you tell me please if in your place, is there too much humidity?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just took it in to renault dealers they said they will look at it later today !!

Great dear customer, I will be attentive to any further questions you will have. Please let me know what the technician tell you and do not forget to rate my service in the stars rating system at the top of you screen in that way you help me grow in the platform

Dear customer, Is there anything else I could help you?My goal is to give you the better advice I can, and I hope I could have helped.Please before you leave, remember to rate my service in the stars rating system. In that way you help me grow in the platform. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am stuck with a megane scenic 07 which is flashing the hazards when the engine is off or on & dealer says it is being told to use the hazards but not via the hazard switch !!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This may sound repetative but i do not seem to be getting any replies & am running out of ideas !!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi is there anybody there !!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here is an update if anyone is reading I have a 07 megane scenic with flashing hazards all the time even when the engine is running it does drive but obviously too dangerouse I have tried to locate the alarm box with no joy The renault specialist says that the car is showing the hazards because it has been told to but not by the hazard switch it is something to do with a dodgy connection or the uch Looking at £150-£500 !!

Dear customer, this problem indicates the command is defective. you should check with a tester or voltmeter the voltage in the wires when activate and deactivate the hazards to see if it has direct current Wich cause the problem.