sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 51 plate Renault Clio 16 v 1.4 engine.The problem

Customer Question

Hi.I have a 51 plate Renault Clio 16 v 1.4 engine.The problem is that when the car has been running for approx 10-15 minutes the Rev drop dramatically and I cannot accelerate unless I dip the clutch,then get the revs up.I have changed the coils and plugs but the problem is still there.Any advice would be appreciated
Category: Renault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. i was absent. In a moment i will be back to you with your answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still able to help me with the problem?

I understand this type of problems you present, when we present this type of symptoms in Renault Clio we must check certain factors involved in the engine to make it able to move normally, the first thing that I observed in your query is a clear symptom of problems in the throttle body, it may be dirty or in the fuel pump, in summary maintenance problems, this may be due to the following factors:

-you may be having a problem with the throttle body system which is made up of certain sensors known as TPS, minimum valve, map, acceleration sensor, etc. you may be presenting a problem in these factors, either by dirt, by defects, by bad readings.

-Other aspect that you may be presenting is a problem with the gasoline supply, it is common that with the passing of time the fuel pump located in the tank present defects in which it can not maintain the amount of fuel required to maintain the minimum/idle . If you have time without replacing this pump I recommend you yo go examining this possibility an check if it merit or not a replacement and if it is the cause of your inconvenience. In addition to replacing the filters( this is the first)

-Finally a deprogramming in the system also causes this type of problems in which the minimum opening of the butterfly can not be maintained in idle, as in your case.

As you will observe, there are several factors that you should review dear customer, but I recommend you to first start with a computerized diagnosis, with which you will be able to rule out certain error codes that are affecting your vehicle and according to these error codes, we can work for solve your problem.

If you do not present error codes, you proceed to disassemble the throttle body to perform a good cleaning. And with a fuel pressure gauge you check the state of it, the pressure should not be less than 50kPa or 7.25 PSI

Have you understood me dear customer?
I couldn't access to your query before my sincere apologies.