Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Laguna 54 plate automatic that when it gets

Customer Question

I have a Laguna 54 plate automatic that when it gets extremely hot, weather & stuck in traffic, auto light on dash comes on & gearbox goes into limp mode. I can park up for a job and half an hour later, when car has cooled, works fine until extreme heat again. I cannot find where to check oil level, if you can, and cannot find how to re-fill gearbox oil.
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: The auto dashboard light only comes on at same time car goes into limp mode. Light is off when car is runnong ok.
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Renault Laguna 1.9 Dynamique 54 plate
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i want to check oil level and fill it if needed but cant find out how. i havent tried anything yet.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Renault
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 9 days ago.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can wait another couple of days.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, there are laguna models that have a rod just like the engine oil dipstick, by which you can check the oil level of the transmission, there is another model that has a plug/cap which you loosen it if it comes out fluid means that the level is correct, but if it does not come out fluid, the vehicle needs to be filled. At this time, the first thing to do is verify this. If you wish i will try to locate a video or a photograph of this plug by the web but I'm going to delay a bit.

I also consider that it is good that you first make a computerized diagnosis to verify that you do not have problems in any sensor such as the temperature sensor or the oil pressure sensor.
Problems in this sensors can also generate this kind of problems.
But as i said, the first is to start with a computarized diagnosis with the scanner we can save time and money to find the root of the problem and sort it out.
have you undertood dear customer?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, I am certain mine is the model without a dipstick. If you can find any pictures or video of where to locate plug/cap & also where to fill gearbox that would be great.Thanks.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Thank you very much for your reply . I am searching what you requested and once I found it, I will be back to you.