Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Renault scenic Dynamique tomtom dci fan on heating control

Customer Question

Renault scenic Dynamique tomtom dci fan on heating control will not switch off trying to find fuse
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: it is an electric fault
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: scenic Dynamique tomtom dci 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried pulling fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Renault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, how many time do you with this problem, have you checked anything else besides the fuses?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what else is there to check ? I had to disconnect the battery to stop the fan but that does not solve the problem

Dear customer, could you tell me if you mean the engine cooling fan or the air conditioner fan?
This is because when the electric fan is mostly stuck, it is because the temperature sensor is giving an erroneous reading or a bad signal to the system, which makes the computer feel that the vehicle is overheated when it is not and therefore they leave the electric fan stuck in ON position too. It happens a lot when the temperature sensor connections or wiring are defective.

I would like to ask you if you have ruled out temperature sensor and verified the wiring and also that you will assure me if it is the engine fan or the air conditioning fan