experteer
experteer,
77184159

Renault Scenic 3 (2012) 1.5dci. Red Stop Warning "Engine

Renault Scenic 3 (2012) 1.5dci . Red Stop Warning "Engine failure hazard". Had it on diagnosis with roadside assistance and garage. Different opinions. First engineer thought it was an exhaust pressure sensor. Second engineer had a turbo pressure sensor mismounted fault. Seems to happen when pulling away unhill sometimes on for a short time, sometimes solid warning. Engine running smoothly. Engine readings are OK on diagnosis.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Since the diagnoses always go in the direction of boost pressure, you should continue searching there.

I assume that the dihtheit of the hoses has already been tested.

Charging pressure can also escape through a defective EGR valve. This should actually lead back exhaust gases when the engine is idling or at constant speed. These valves like to jam and then the boost pressure escapes when accelerating.

Furthermore it should be checked if the DPF is not blocked. If this is too set the exhaust gas can no longer pass through the exhaust fast enough. D the turbocharger is driven by the exhaust gas stream, this can no longer generate so much pressure.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could you explain what dihtheit means? DPF is partical filter? Is this safe to drive whilst waiting for repair?

Sorry about the auto correction.

I think that the hoses of the intake system have been checked to be tight.

By DPF I mean the diesel particulate filter.

No it is not safe to drive the vehicle, there is the possibility that sooner or later an engine damage will occur.