Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

All of the electric window stopped working at same time

Customer Question

All of the electric window stopped working at same time checked fuses all fine
Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Not looked in bonnet as says that they only run lights
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: Megane estate 2005
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just fuses as they dont work on any of the switches
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Renault
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 1 month ago.

Hi thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified technician with over 30 years in the trade, I will try and help you.

Your Megane should have a window relay, this is in the facia fusebox and is the one nearest the edge of the panel, the other relay is the ignition circuit one, the first test would be to remove this relay and refit it, this will ensure the problem is not something simple like a dirty connection.

The fuse you have checked should be number 3 in the fusebox, there are also fuses 8 & 9 but it is unlikely that both sides would blow at the same time and so we can discount that as being the problem.

If the relay looks ok and the terminals do not look burnt, the next place to check is the wiring loom between the drivers door and the body, it is very common for the wiring to fail in this area and that will stop all the windows from operating, you need to remove the outer sheathing and check for any broken of frayed wires.

If nothing is found at this stage then it may be the main switch pack or possibly the multifunction control module, but this is less likely.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further questions.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue,

After doing this I can continue to answer further questions.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They is no place for relay for windows

Hi does your fusebox look like the one in the attached Picture? The window relay is in blue.

Steve