experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a 2016 Renault Clio and there is a warning light on

I have a 2016 Renault Clio and there is a warning light on my dash advising I check my anti pollution system I don’t know if I can still drive it
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: No but everything else seems fine
JA: What is the model of your '16 Renault?
Customer: Dymanique 1.2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am no good with cars I dont know what an anti pollution system is or di
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: does ,

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

I am now dealing with your question, I will be back in this chat in a few minutes.

If the engine continues to run normally and does not buckle and the temperature is ok, you can still drive.

Usually a sensor is defective if the lamp lights up without any further symptoms. To find out what exactly is defective, the fault memory must be read out by a garage using an OBD scanner. This should be done promptly, but as long as you can still drive.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you I will book it in ASAP

You`re welcome

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is an anti pollution system ?

This is the exhaust gas purification system, i.e. the catalytic converter and the associated sensors.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.