Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have just bought a Renault grand scenic 2011 1.5dci i have

Hi i have just bought a Renault grand scenic 2011 1.5dci i have clocked up around 150 miles this week but have now got a red stop light with a orange spanner and a message 'engine failure hazard' and the car seems to lose all power it does not stop but will not pick up any speed hope you have some ideas for me many thanks Richard
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Stop in the centre of the dashboard and engine failure hazard to the right of dashboard with a spanner underneath
Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Renault?
Customer: 2011 11 RENAULT SCENIC 1.5 PRIVILEGE TOMTOM DCI FAP 5D 109 BHP
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Depending on what it may be as I am disabled, have checked fuses, disconnected the battery and reconnected, driven around town to burn fuel and try to see if injectors were blocked also tried setting speed limiter higher but have not used this before
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have also had the rac out yesterday and this is what they came up with Diagnostic Codes RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES Name: K9K - DIAGNOSE - 1.5L - 81 (110) DTC: DTC1525F3, Consistent multiplex signal for Cruise control/Speed limiter DTC: DTC0002F6, Flow level control valve DTC: DTC008923, Rail pressure regulation function DTC: DTC0089F6, Rail pressure regulation function DTC: DTC038096,Preheating unit diagnostic connection

Hi my name is Gavin how does it drive and who did you buy it from.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The first 150 miles were fine drove as normal, fueled up and about 10 miles later started losing power and since then has been playing up seems ok in 1st and 2nd but will then not speed up, sometimes I can get up to 50mph and other times it will start losing power at 20mph, i purchased the car from a motor vehicle trader

It was Diesel you put in.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes put diesel in, also the car had a service and new mot two weeks ago just before I brought it

Was it purchased from a private seller.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No a motor vehicle trader (M.A. MOTOR'S Cardiff)

Why are you not taking it back under warranty.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Warranty wants me to pay first £50 and £40 hour labour and only get 50% off parts, so was just wondering if you had any ideas on the problem so I can inform the garage with any help I can get

It has a fuel trim issue. I would make a call to citizens advice regarding your warranty.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What is a fuel trim issue please, also does this warranty seem useless

In less the law has changed (I do not think it has) you get 3000 miles / 3 months from a motor dealer. They sold you an external warranty.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks will chase this up, but can you please explain the fuel trim issue for me

Its complex to explain I could go on forever but basically air / fuel mixture is incorrect it self monitors all the time. As it is a Bosch injection system use a Bosch approved independent www.boschcarservice.com put your post code in etc. Hope that helps.

Could you check on your sales invoice to see if they put the sale as a (trade sale)

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No nothing down to say trade sale, just company name and address also Vat number and company reg number

Perfect like i said look in to your legal consumer rights as fuel trim issues can get expensive hope i have helped.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Yes thank you for your advice, sorry 1 more question, are you saying that if the warranty is as it should be i should be covered for the repairs and not have to pay for them

Yes but know your rights before you contact the dealer ( I am not from a legal background ) i simply owned a garage next to a car dealer and that was the law at that time about 6 years ago.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Many thanks for your help and advice

No problem if you need me just get back to me on this thread regards Gavin.