Robert
Robert, Renault Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My brakes keep going spongey every 4 to 5 days. I’ve had a

My brakes keep going spongey every 4 to 5 days. I’ve had a new cylinder, had the brakes bleed 4 times now. All new brake pads and discs and it still happening
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: it’s a 2011.
JA: What is the model of your '11 Renault?
Customer: Renault Megan’s Tom Tom 1.5 dci
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, the garage is. They have changed the cylinder after a few days it was the same again. Then they bleed it again. Only lasted a few day. They then changed the brake pad. Only lasted a few days. Then bleed another 3 times again after 3 day they went wrong again. So far I have spent over £1000 and still no better
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don’t think so

Hi..there..Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Are they getting/noticing air bubbles out of any of bleeders,clear line at all when they try to bleed it?

Are they bleeding using the pedal or pressure bleeding?

I take it they have checked for leaks and overheating at any of the wheels causing brake fade?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
they checked for leaks etc, they are pressure bleeding and every time they bleed them they are getting air out, they even had it over 3 night and each time they bleed it they had air come out.

What air out of all 4 front and back? or just one side/bleeder or both rear?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Mostly front right side, but a little out of each side
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also when I push them brake each time it sounds like the abs kicks in and I can feel the car slide toward the right.

Sounds like the right side is your problem then,what condition is the caliper in? has been any signs of overheating on that side...i take they have carefully inspected the flexi line brake line ferrules for excess corrosion..could well be the caliper... if you where getting alot of air out the back then i would put my money on the compensator valve over the rear axle as these are very common for failing,sieze and drag in air... but if you getting out the right front side mostly,alot of air in that line.the lines that feed those comes directly from the abs pump...then it can only be either the caliper, the flex line or the solid line or brake union dragging in air.... so long as they have properly bleed the master and activated the ABS valve block incase any air is trapped in it after the master was done....