Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Got a fault code of df153 changed the boost pressure sensor

Customer Question

Got a fault code of df153 changed the boost pressure sensor and still there any ideas please
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Got a fault code of df153 changed the boost pressure sensor and still there any ideas please
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: Trafic3 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes have changed the boost pressure sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Loss of power at the bottom end
Category: Renault
Expert:  Phillip H replied 8 days ago.

Hiya

Why have you changed the Boost Pressure Sensor?

I would suggest you check the  operation of t he Turbo Actuator{s).  Remove the Vacuum pipe from the solenoid  that goes to the Actuator(s).  Suck on it and see if the Actuator Rod moves.  If that moves then this side is ok.  If you suck on it but no vacuum builds up then you have got a leak in the Actuator.  If you get a vacuum but the rod doesn't move then the vanes inside the Turbo are potentially seized.  Any of these you would be looking at a new Turbo.

If that all check outs ok then the next stage is to check the solenoid.  You need to pull the vacuum pipe off so you can suck on the inlet side of the solenoid.  If you can suck with no resistance then the solenoid is faulty and has an air leak in it.  If this is ok then the next stage is to check the Voltage and earth to the solenoid.  For this you will need  to use Active Test on the Diagnostic Equipment to activate the solenoid and check the voltage.  If the solenoid doesn't work then replace as necessary.

Phillip

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The sensor was changed by a garage today and they claimed to have fixed it but hadn’t so no I dear where to go
Expert:  Phillip H replied 8 days ago.

Hiya

So it was a garage playing Parts Darts!  Says it all!  Unfortunately very few people within the Automotive Trade seem to have the ability to diagnose and then fit the correct part.  They seem to opt for Parts Darts until something they throw at it fixes it! Unfortunately the customer ends up paying for things t he vehicle doesn't need!

If you follow what I have put in the previous post then I am sure you will find something with either the Turbo, Vacuum Pipes or the Turbo Actuator Solenoid.

Phillip