Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I have a engine failure hazard message appear on my

I have a engine failure hazard message appear on my dashboard, what could be wrong?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Its come on today
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: Megane 1.2 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i have got the car home,. Left it an hour and restarted but message still on dashboard
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I'm aware

Hiya

This could be any number of problems with the Engine Management System including the following:

1. Sensors

2. Actuators

3. Wiring

4. Engine Control Module

The first stage of diagnosis would be a full diagnostic code read to establish what code(s) is present.  From there a diagnostic path can be established.

Phillip

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Where do I get this done?

Hiya

Most garages will be able to offer a Diagnostic Code Read however the best place to go would be a Renault Dealer.  The Renault Dealer has all of the latest Technical Literature and Skilled Renault Technicians who will be able to diagnose accurately the issue with your vehicle.

Phillip