Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

My leased Zoe e has got a message on the instrument panel

Customer Question

My leased Zoe e has got a message on the instrument panel that says "Earth insulation not appropriate " what is this and can I still drive it
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: Zoe 2021 rapid charge
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The leasing agreement says my service is handled by ***** ***** Dundee but they say that none of their staff are qualified on electric cars
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing thanks
Category: Renault
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
David Petrie
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
Hi David I hope you are doing well. Frustratingly what you have found is the current biggest issue with electric vehicles. This is the lack of training and infrastructure to deal with the issues that arise. Garages cannot look at them without training because of the dangers involved. You will need to find a dealer that can take it and it will have to be Renault because of the warranty. You can continue driving unless the vehicle tells you otherwise
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
There are no real common issues on these but the vehicle is suggesting the protection on the battery is showing an issue .Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!