sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Battery Charge Fault and STOP message came up just as my

Customer Question

My Battery Charge Fault and STOP message came up just as my car started making a funny kind of high pitched noise and a smell started coming through the vents. The alternator is 11 months old and the battery about 18 months old
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes the lights turn on, not sure if it's fully charged or not. I haven't had any reason to think it isn't. I live in a hilly area and it struggles getting up the hill if the battery is low
JA: What is the model of your '11 Renault?
Customer: 2005 Espace
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I wouldn't have a clue but don't want to get ripped off by a garage either so wanted a heads up on what the issue might be first. Also, I don't have much spare cash and my car is essential to get my special needs daughter to school.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I just pulled over and got a recovery vehicle to bring us home.
Category: Renault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello, do you have any idea what coiuld be wrong with my car please?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 4 days ago.

Dear customer your 2005 model year it seems to me that the problem you are experiencing with the battery connectivity I don't think it is damage to the battery or alternator but with the fact that you have the battery charge failure indicator it is because the computer is detecting low voltage so I would be inclined that your problem is probably something very simple at the battery connections level.

Anyway I don't know where you are but your vehicle has the ability to be diagnosed through diagnostic equipment here we will be able to observe the state of charge of the battery also it may be that the battery you are presenting has problems even though it is only 18 months old.