sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Changed a low beam bulb that had. Now have no power to the

Customer Question

Changed a low beam bulb that had blown. Now have no power to the plug. Can't find a fuse for headlamps and all fuses appear to test okay. Help.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Volt meter says almost zero.
JA: What year is your Volt?
Customer: Year of truck? 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Volt yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced bulb, refitted plug to bulb, small flash and now nothing. Tried another bulb and tested for power with volt meter.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I am aware of. Have been through all the fuses on top of the dash. All test okay.
Category: Renault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, when you activate the turn signals, do you hear the characteristic sound of them? the click under the dashboard?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer the flashing lights work with a component known as the flasher of the lights is basically a relay which causes the flashing of them, this component is the most frequently damaged, but it is also good to check all the fuses as it is common that when we replace the bulbs there is a rise in voltage and blow the fuses to protect the electrical system.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.