How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sebastian manrique Your Own Question
sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Category: Renault
Satisfied Customers: 3238
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
Type Your Renault Question Here...
sebastian manrique is online now

I have a Renault Floride 2012 (number 959) which has serious

Customer Question

I have a Renault Floride 2012 (number 959) which has serious filliform corrosion on both exterior door trims, and rear side windows matching trims.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes, I have just purchased the car, but I am wondering if this warranted a recall at some time, or can you give me a part number?
JA: What is the model of your '12 Renault?
Customer: Megane 1.4 convertible special edition anniversary model.
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, changing the part though, should be very routine. The part is at the top of each door, and under each of the rear side windows, and should just pop off after removing retaining plastic studs. It's getting the part though!!
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, but thanks for your help.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Renault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, could you send me a picture of the rusted part you want to replace?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can't do that at this moment, but, to explain, it is the rubber incased exterior trim along the top of the two doors, and also the waistline below the rear side windows. It's not rust, it's filiform (aluminium) corrosion under the silver painted trim, and anode and cathode reaction has taken place.
All I am asking for is a replacement number, or if there was ever a recall for those parts.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer, I could wait for the photograph because I honestly can not understand what part you are talking about clearly, but from what you tell me seems to be part of the door, which means that if so, you should replace it completely, but if the damage is minor, you could try to repair it, in any case, to tell you better I need the photograph.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer you have to be very careful with the corrections as a general answer I can tell you that although it seems that the corruption is superficial and can be removed that same corruption is the one that over time is eating the metal, the inconvenience of bodywork although they are small tend to be costly because they end up producing a complete part replacement therefore it is very likely that you will have to replace the entire door.
They are small they tend to be expensive because they end up producing a complete part replacement so it is very likely that you will have to replace the whole door unfortunately a brass and paint shop can help you with this if the damage is small.