sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Will not run, kangoo 2006 1,9 tdi motorcode f9q 790, 6 fault

Customer Question

will not run
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: kangoo 2006 1,9 tdi motorcode f9q 790
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: 6 fault codes: p0100,p0190 p0225, p0380, p0487 and p0641
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have had an intermittent fault for years, but now it will not run. Starts and dies. Replaced the mass or volume air flow sensor some time ago. Did not help. Will fix it myself. Think the problem is connected to the last fault code p0641, probable in the 5v reference circuit
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Have no diagram for the 5v circuit....
Category: Renault
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, did you check the fuel rail and the egr valve?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sending a screenshot of fault codes. I thing there is a problem in the 5v reference circuit and that affects several sensors
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
is possible to obtain a detailed diagram of these circuits?

Dear customer, you could try to locate it, but if it is giving a multiple fault, it is appropriate to replace the complete wiring harness.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no diagrams are available? Replace the complete wiring harness is out of question at the moment....

Dear customer, if there is generally no diagram for this at least to the public, what I would do would be to check line by line for voltage drops.