Phillip H
Phillip H, RV Body Repairer
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

There is no power going into our Fleetwood Meridien caravan

Customer Question

There is no power going into our Fleetwood Meridien caravan what could be the problem
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: just nothing gong in when connected to mains
JA: What year is your Fleetwood?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are suppose to be away tomorrow my husband connected to the mains to charge the leisure battery for the motor mover but no electric seems to be working
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i dont think so
Category: RV
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
are you still working on my question?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
is there anyone there?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
this is the 1st time I have used your service and also paid £5.00 yet I am not getting a response
Expert:  Phillip H replied 17 days ago.

Hiya

It will be a case of check the obvious.  Is the cable you are using to power the caravan ok.  Is the fuse in the plug ok and is there power to the end of the lead?  Plug something else in to check or use a multi meter to check the voltage.  Obviously bear in mind that this is 240Volt!

If that is all ok then find the Mains Fuse Box in the Caravan.  Is there power to this?  Has the fuse tripped in this Fuse Box or is there an Isolator Switch that has been turned off?  Again check the voltage here.

If that is all ok then proceed to the battery charger.  IS there power to the battery charger?  Has the fuse tripped for the charger?  Is the charger faulty?

Following that check the Caravan Batteries.  Are these past there useful life?  If t hey have been allowed to go flat they may be sulphated and will not accept a charge!  The only option here is to renew as necessary.

Phillip