CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

Its flashing up with traction control failure and stability

Hi its flashing up with traction control failure and stability control failure and then engine cuts out
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 74000 automatic
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Saab?
Customer: 9-3 and 07
Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far put new battery in but that's it I cant drive it to a garage as it cuts out
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it thank you

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please keep searching

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

The common problem with the 9-3 is the fuse box or the wiring under the battery tray. Have you checked for broken wires or fuse box corrosion in these areas?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I haven't checked but I have no mechanical experience, I do think it's a simple fault. I will look at fuses thank you. Have tried Googling the problem and does seem to be a common problem but there doesn't seem to be a strait answer. It's been a bit of a nightmare to be honest
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry not going to pay 16 quid for a call. But thank you any how

Ignore the call request, its automatic.

The wires underneath the battery tray can become frayed due to constant movement, I have repaired one in the past and I have also read about the fuse box becoming corroded from under the fuse sockets. You also need to get a fault code reader connected on the car to see what type of fault codes are stored, even a bad wheel speed sensor or a traction control module can cause traction/ABS lights to come on.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you I will try and get someone to look at it. ��

Welcome :) All the best and thank you for using JA!

I hope I have answered your question, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please don't forget to leave a 5-star rating. Your rating benefits me and helps me build my reputation. It is also a way to thank me for using my time and expertise to respond to customers. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'm guessing you're not based in kent? :)

I'm up north, near manchester.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Oh well was worth asking cheers. Good night to you ;)

I wouldn't mind helping if you were nearby, always up for fiddling with cars :) Good night and thank you for using JA!

CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience: IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic