sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Oil filter housing question on a 208 Saab 9/3, Today, 2008,

Customer Question

Oil filter housing question on a 208 Saab 9/3
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: Today
JA: What year is your 9-3?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes ..question is related to a part in the oil filter housing
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Saab
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (54GZPP4)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This piece was in the oil filter housing when I removed the filter. Would it be ok to refit filter without this been in place
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 diesel
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer, could you clarify me what you want to know and how this happened?
Thanks in advance.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

It seems to me that this is the part that adjusts or supports the filter so that it does not move with the vibrations of the engine, if I am not mistaken that part comes when you buy the entire housing, you have to do it because it will damage the filter and the fit of the same.