How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12073
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If your husband has conducted a civil marriage to another partner

Customer Question

If your husband has conducted a civil marriage to another partner in cairo
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a register that shows civil marriages conducted in Cairo between British citizen and a Egyptian citizen and can this be done if the British citizen is still legally married?
Expert:  JGM replied 5 years ago.
A British citizen cannot marry another partner whist still married.

Whether Cairo holds a register of marriages Inelieve that to be the case but that is a matter of the law of Egypt which I am not acquainted with. However, you may care to follow this link: