UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I have had a shed on a spare bit of ground since 1990 beside

I have had a shed on a spare bit of ground since 1990 beside my house. New farmer has bought farm and now asking questions why its there says its on his deeds . old farmer couldn't say who belonged it. What would the legalitys be ???
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

But you dont own the bit of land?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't it was according to old farmer used as an entrance when house was 2 cottages

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont

In that case you do not have any rights. This is because you do not own the land.

What the new owner can do is ask you to leave the land.

If you refuse then he can seek a possession order of the land that has the shed.

If this happens you are likely to be liable for any legal costs.

But I am sorry to say without any form of lease or agreement you have no right to occupy the land.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you are looking for but based on what you have said, this is the legal position.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thanks for that . is there no squater right ?

I am sorry no - not to the land.

That is why you can be evicted.............

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice