How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12079
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I live in Scotland. I came home from work yesterday and my

Customer Question

I live in Scotland. I came home from work yesterday and my wife had removed her belongings along with my daughter's stuff. They are currently staying at her parents. I asked to see my daughter but she is refusing access
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Your wife can't deny you contact to your daughter unless something has happened which makes it not in her bst interests that you see her. You haven't given any background here at all and whilst I am happy to discuss all of this further with you, your first port of call should be a solicitor with a view to either negotiating contact or going to court for a contact order.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.