How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cityguru Your Own Question
cityguru, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
cityguru is online now

I am trying to retreive a pension from a company I worked for

Customer Question

I am trying to retreive a pension from a company I worked for in the early 1980's. The department I worked for in that company was sold to another company and that new company was subsequently bought by another company. About a year ago I wrote to the company I worked for. They replied by email stating that my letter had been forwarded to the new company, but I never heard anything further from anybody since. I then submitted my details to the government missing pensions site and they sent me a form to send to the first company. I completed the form and sent it off. That was several months ago and I still have not heard anything. I am now at a loss as to what I should do. Is this something I can take legal action over (without big fees) or would you recommend something else I could do to trace my lost pension?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Have you chased the pension tracing service ? they will undoubtedly take some time to respond but you should chase them. Secondly the fact that the dept was "sold" does not mean your pension was transferred. Sometimes accrued pension remains with the original fund. I would go back to the company you worked for and ask for details of their pension fund administrators so you can check if you are actually still a member.