How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12073
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I sod a house last year 2011 that had water ingress in 2008

Customer Question

I sod a house last year 2011 that had water ingress in 2008 the problem was rectified I sold the house in 2011 The owners know have had water ingress can they sue me for the new water ingress at the time of there lurches there surveyed found the said property to be bone dry have they a case against myself
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

No they don't. Water ingress is a property condition issue which should have been shown in th survey. If it wasn't then there is no obligation on you. There may be a claim against the surveyor.

There is nothing in the standard type of missive that would place liability on a seller in this type of situation. That is what surveys are for.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.