How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a complaint about my lawyer as he did not tell me about

Customer Question

I have a complaint about my lawyer as he did not tell me about the family law act when my partner past away and therefore passed everything onto my daughter including our home can I do anything about this now. he also did not pay off the mortgage on the property when the mortgage protection policy paid out

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I presume you are referring to section 29 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006.

If you have a service complaint about your lawyer you have to contact the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission. However if you are alleging that you lawyer was negligent as a result of which you have suffered loss you have to instruct another lawyer to make a claim for professional negligence.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.