How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13337
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Paid for goods through a money transfer that never arrived

Customer Question

Paid for goods through a money transfer that never arrived and were never posted and had no intention of being posted I belive. Have bank account details, sellers name, parents home address and phone number for the seller. Is there any possibility of claiming back the money through the legal system.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Yes, you can sue the seller via the small claims court assuming the seller stays in Scotland and the amount is less than £3000.

You can get the small claim forms and guidance notes at

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.