How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12082
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My 18 year old daughter is about to commence university this

Customer Question

My 18 year old daughter is about to commence university to study Law this month and I'd like to know when I stop paying child maintenance to her mother through the CSA. I'll be funding her through university as well. Alan Scotland.


I'd also like advise about the best way of going about notifying the CSA if maintenance is no longer required.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

JGM : Thank you for your question.You stop child maintenance now and start paying your daughter directly. See section 1 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985. You should write to the CSA indicating that your daughter is starting university and that you will be maintaining your daughter directly. I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.