How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Do I use a quitclaim deed from to add a name to my house d

Customer Question

Do I use a quitclaim deed from to add a name to my house deeds/
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

No not in Scotland. You need a properly drafted title deed signed by the existing owners and registered in the Registers of Scotland by a solicitor.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.