How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 8
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am a mother of An 8 year old daughter Shannon, recently her

Customer Question

I am a mother of An 8 year old daughter Shannon, recently her fathers partner and me have not been seeing eye to eye and i have been feeling picked on as a parent from both parties, i am looking to get my daughter back in my care as right now my daughter is living with her father and has been for 4 years, not due to court action or any of that, just as he lives near the school she attends. I am wanting her back in my care as her father is working alot of the time and she is in his partners care, i want to leave work and become a full time mum as in not comfortable with someone who dislikes me so much and makes it so obvious looking after my child when i can, what are my chances of being able to have this happen, in not looking to take her from her dad i want him to be able to visit etc, i can just offer her the time he cant.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Can you give me some more information?

How far away do you live from the father?

Can you keep your daughter at the same school?

Do either of you have other children?

Your daughter would not have been at school when she started living with her father? What was the reason that was agreed at the time?

What accommodation do you have?

If you give up work, how would you support you and your daughter financially?