How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I liv in a basement flat and there was a common wall requiring

Customer Question

I liv in a basement flat and there was a common wall requiring a damp proof course.The factor requested that we share the cost but my neighbours refused.They now want me to pay a share of the roof maintinence and I have said Iwill pay it as usual only if they refurbish me with their share of the monies I paid for the dpc which was of a common nature.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

When did this happen please?

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

How many people live in the tenement?

Do you have access to your title deeds? If so can you have them available when you respond to me?

Do you know if there a tenement management scheme in existence under the Tenements (Scotland) Act?