How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hi im in scotland and im engaged ti be married this time next

Customer Question

Hi im in scotland and im engaged ti be married this time next year . The only problem is I did think I was divorced I remember signing papers and handing them in to the court but I cant find any confirmation of a divorce and I dont remember reciving on I also have never been I the court with my ex . This was all mor than 5 years ago now . What can I do to sort it out and I have no contact with my ex her family live in asia and I have no idea ware she lives I have no address or contact please help.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

In the first instance you should contact the court. They will be able to check quite easily if the divorce was granted and give you an extract of the divorce decree.

Come back to me if this doesn't work or if it turns out that you aren't divorced and I will help you further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.