How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12086
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am sending this for my Daughter who is at her wits end.She

Customer Question

I am sending this for my Daughter who is at her wits end.She has a 15 year old son who has changed from a nice boy in to a demon.The problem she is having is with her next door neighbours. Her son is round there all the time they are allowing him to smoke and so i have been told they give him alcohol. I find this relationship strange, as to why they would encourage my son to go over there. The man is 41 his wife in her 30's and they have 2 Children Both girls one 11 and a younger child.If i say my son is not going over he swears at me and has smashed the TV.My daughter went over and asked them to stop calling him over and that it was not healthy that he spent so much time with them instead of out with friends.They lied and said they do not allow him to smoke,So my daughter asked them to please stop letting him in. They said they would. Instead they allow him in from when he gets home from school till bedtime.They also told him that his Mum had been over making things between Mother and son more difficult.Can my daughter take out an injunction stopping them from having her son over at the house???

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

In Scotland the order your daughter needs to take out is called an interdict. It is an order preventing the neighbours from approaching your son, encouraging him to enter their home and from giving him tobacco and alcohol. In the circumstances you describe the application for such an order is likely to be granted.

Your daughter should see a solicitor immediately. An application for an interdict has to be made quickly.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.