How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 7
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Do I get the courts involved and if so were do I stand or where

Customer Question

Do I get the courts involved and if so were do I stand or where do I start ? my ex partner and family are taken over my life with my daughter, my daughter lives with me but I'm constantly been black mailed and bullied into everything to do with my life and with my daughters, there are aloud to see her when ever there want but this results in me been bullied and harassed by her father then this mother for example I get 30 odd phone calls and texts a day then emails and if this doesn't work if follows me every were, he has even got stuff like credit out using my address. I can never get enough evidence in this for the police to be involved but then its all me when I say anything to them, my daughter also has health problems which im constantly fight against with the family over as there just ignore everything to do with it, I don't want to stop them seeing her and would like them to have contact with but at the same time I need to put some control on what's happening with both my daughter and my life
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I will try to help you with this over the weekend. What age is your daughter? Is there just one child to this partner?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she is 2 years, yes just the one child, also trying to prove the father is a drug user 1 off the reasons we split.

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Does he have a record?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no he don't have a record but friends with a few dealers too one of which has just been arrested and currently jailed for it and other friends have records but he has not as yet


Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Apart from the Human Rights legislation you could also have consideration of the Education (Scotland) Act 1980 which gives parents the choice of where to send their children to be educated.