How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My mum bought her council flat and changed the title deeds

This answer was rated:

My mum bought her council flat and changed the title deeds into her daughter and son-in-laws name should this alter her benefits as she is now concerned that the council is still under the impression she still owns the house.
Thank you for your question.

Is she receiving benefits in connection with the house? If so what?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

council tax benefit and pension credit.

These benefits are decedent on your mother's income and saving. Whether or not she owns the house should not affect these unless she received a price for the house which has increased her savings.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you