How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Under the Privacy and Human Rights Act 1998. Is my wife violating

This answer was rated:

Under the Privacy and Human Rights Act 1998. Is my wife violating my rights because she has access to Social Networking and email details without my consent. Could this be construed as malicious behaviour.
Thank you for your question.

No, the human rights legislation only relates to the relationship between the individual and the state, not the relationship between two individuals. Her behaviour would be a matter for the civil law and your remedy would be based on nuisance or breach of privacy or some other remedy but not human rights.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you