How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 8
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My daughter is in prison and her ex partner has custody of

Customer Question

My daughter is in prison and her ex partner has custody of her son. My daughter took her ex to court as he was not allowing her son to see her. A court order was made for my daughter to see her son once a month. Her ex partner still did not allow the visits to take place. My daughter then took him back to court where he was charged with contempt of court and given a three month suspended sentence. Her Ex allowed me to take my grandson on a visit on the 24 of November and the next visit was due to be on the 15 December, the date given to my daughters lawyer by the prison, however that is when the male prisoners have their visit with their children. I am also going on holiday on the 22 of December so the only other date that is available is Sunday the 8 December. Her ex partner has stated he phoned his lawyer and his lawyer said that this visit should not go ahead. He has phoned me and stated this. What are my options, can I go to his door tomorrow to get my grandson for the visit and if her refuses what can I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law