How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 8
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am OAP - 2nd marriage of 10yrs. Have suffered heinous verbal

Customer Question

I am OAP - 2nd marriage of 10yrs. Have suffered heinous verbal and emotional abuse from my husband for most of this time. Not physical altho there have been many threats. eg fist in my face or between my eyes - raises his fists but stops short. Always behind closed doors. He has turned it all around and accused me of assault - reported me to the police. his family ostracised me because of this. I have a recording of him threatening to kill me - threatening my family and my friend - they know about the abuse. Where do I go with this? I'm afraid if anything happens to him - I will be blamed. I'm also afraid he will carry out his threats when he gets into one of his rages. I don't want to leave - I have little income and can't face starting again.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law