How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 years and in that time

Customer Question

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 years and in that time she has bought her parents house I have been giving her 600 pounds a month and I also have been doing lots of work on the house like I have re plasters most of the walls now she wants me to move out do I have eany rights to the house
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You have no rights to the house but you do have a right to to claim a payment from her to represent the financial disadvantage suffered by you in enhancing her property and paying her money which has resulted in a corresponding advantage to you. You claim can be made under section 28 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006 and must be made in court within a year of your separation.

You should see a solicitor as soon as you can about this.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Please let me know if I can help you further here. If not please leave a positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.