How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hi ClaireMy ex partner and I broke up in July just as I

Customer Question

Hi Claire

My ex partner and I broke up in July just as I found out we were expecting twins! We already have 2 children together and because it works financially and also for child care for the moment we are living together.

He has a 16 year old son to a previous partner and pays through the csa and has asked me for my wage slips to pass onto them do I need to give them this information? As I don't see what I have to do with that part of his life anymore.

Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You don't have to give this information. You are not his partner any more but in any event only in certain cases, opened before 2003, can the CSA ask for this information.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Please let me know if I can help you further here. If not please leave a positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.